Corten Steel Large Square Planter
- Ships Nationwide from Celbridge, Co. Kildare.
*14 days lead time*
Square, Corten steel pot with drainage hole. This sturdy pot is perfect for outdoor use.
Corten Steel is a weather resistant steel alloy made of iron with added copper, silicon, nickel and chromium. As soon as Corten Steel is exposed to the elements it will naturally weather and develop a protective layer of rust, giving it its iconic look. This can take several months.
- Corten steel planters are very robust, hard-wearing, weatherproof, low-maintenance and durable.
- The planter has hidden feet and drainage holes. This allows it to float a little above the ground (15 mm) and provides optimal drainage.
- The corten steel has a standard thickness of 2 mm.
- Products are delivered without rust. The corten steel rusting process takes about 4-5 months, depending on weather conditions.
- The rust can be fixed by applying Owatrol. This is a penetrating rust inhibitor that forms a protective anti-rust coating. Owatrol protects the planter and stops the rust on corten steel flaking off.